Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
What we do
Support for parents and families in Scotland
Parenting across Scotland aims to support families in Scotland in bringing up their children. We do this by providing information and support for parents, carrying out research and influencing policymakers.
Information for parents and practitioners
For parents and families:
- We make it easier to find information and support services by bringing them together on this website.
- We produce a series of Ten Top Tips offering valuable parenting advice.
- We work in partnership to make sure our helplines meet parents' and families' needs.
- We run conferences about parenting.
- Parenting across Scotland and its partners hold seminars on parenting issues.
- We produce an e-newsletter which includes good practice in parenting support.
- We share information on parenting research.
Finding out what parents need
Parenting across Scotland carry out research in a number of ways:
- Asking parents in Scotland what matters to them through our MORI polls;
- Asking callers to our helplines about current parenting issues, like how they are coping in the recession;
- Carrying out studies, for example, about parents with disabilities and parents of children with disabilities.
Making parents' voices heard
We aim to influence politicians and policymakers by:
- Talking to politicians and decision-makers about what parents have told us matters to them;
- Sitting on Scottish Government working groups to make sure that there is a parental perspective;
- Running parliamentary events where parents and politicians share their parenting stories;
- Responding to consultations about issues which affect families; and
- Developing ideas to improve the services that parents use.
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?
- “Support, Understand and listen to me”
- Young Parent Penalty campaign
- Parenting across Scotland joins calls to double Scottish Child Payment
- Affects of lockdown on maternal mental health
- Child poverty rising in every Scottish local authority
- New intensive perinatal support service
- The cost of learning in lockdown (CPAG)
- What impact does the budget have on low-income families?
- Is the Western way of raising kids weird?