Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Supporting children, parents and families in Scotland
Families, in all their shapes and sizes, are the foundation of our society and our future. Parents and other family members mostly do a great job in bringing up children but it can be tough at times.
Parenting across Scotland is a partnership of charities which offers support to children and families in Scotland. We work together to focus on parenting issues and to help realise our vision:
A Scotland where all parents and families are valued and supported to give children the best possible start in life.
Parenting across Scotland provides support for parents and families through our information service and partners' helplines. We find out what matters to parents and families and what they need, and get this across to politicians. We also share research, policy and good practice with people who work with families.
You can find an evaluation of our work over the last 2 years here.
Our partners are made up of children's charities and organisations that support thousands of parents and families in Scotland. Parenting across Scotland's partners include:
- Children in Scotland
- Families Outside
- One Parent Families Scotland
- Relationships Scotland
- Scottish Adoption
- Scottish Commission for Learning Disability
- Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs
We acknowledge the support of the Scottish Government through a CYPFEIF and ALEC Fund Grant.
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?
- “Support, Understand and listen to me”
- Young Parent Penalty campaign
- Parenting across Scotland joins calls to double Scottish Child Payment
- Affects of lockdown on maternal mental health
- Child poverty rising in every Scottish local authority
- New intensive perinatal support service
- The cost of learning in lockdown (CPAG)
- What impact does the budget have on low-income families?
- Is the Western way of raising kids weird?