Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
The research looked at households in the lowest 40% of income in Scotland and found that parents on lower incomes:
• Have less access to flexible working than higher income groups
• Are as likely to take up flexible working as higher income groups when it is available to them
• Find childcare costs a major barrier to employment
• Have missed out on family time together due to work commitments
• Have little expectation that their employer will support them to balance work and care, and
• Value employers who offer flexibility.