Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
State of Hunger
State of Hunger is the largest ever piece of research into hunger and food bank use in the UK. This three-year project, carried out by researchers at Heriot-Watt University, will help us to understand the scale of hunger and poverty in the UK and how we can move towards an end for the need for food banks.
- End Child Poverty coalition in Scotland call on First Minister to provide additional help for families
- 3.6 million children under 16 are living in poverty
- Time for Parents
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?