Social Work Scotland report, Prevention or Crisis Response?
The research suggests s.12 payments are now almost exclusively used for crisis assistance. The idea of preventative social work, which dominated the early use of s.12, appears to have given way to firefighting.
Read the blog from Aberlour here
- End Child Poverty coalition in Scotland call on First Minister to provide additional help for families
- 3.6 million children under 16 are living in poverty
- Time for Parents
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?