Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Smacking ban needs to coincide with increase in family support services
There are a multitude of reasons families feel under pressure, from financial worries to isolation, lack of support and long working hours. Removal of the defence of 'justifiable assault' will not make these pressures any less but it may persuade parents to think of other ways of disciplining their children.
For further information read Clare Simpson, Project Manager, Parenting across Scotland blog making the case for children having the same protection from assault as adults.
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?
- “Support, Understand and listen to me”
- Young Parent Penalty campaign
- Parenting across Scotland joins calls to double Scottish Child Payment
- Affects of lockdown on maternal mental health
- Child poverty rising in every Scottish local authority
- New intensive perinatal support service
- The cost of learning in lockdown (CPAG)
- What impact does the budget have on low-income families?
- Is the Western way of raising kids weird?