Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Scottish charities believe that Universal Credit is deeply flawed
The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations, Scottish Federation of Housing Associations and One Parent Families Scotland believe that Universal Credit is deeply flawed. The piloting of Universal Credit in areas across Scotland and the rest of the UK has shown that the system traps people in poverty, debt, and crisis, undermining their rights.
- End Child Poverty coalition in Scotland call on First Minister to provide additional help for families
- 3.6 million children under 16 are living in poverty
- Time for Parents
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?