Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Report of the Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights
The report slams the government’s austerity programme, with criticisms of “shocking” rises in the use of food banks and rough sleeping, falling life expectancy for some, the “decimation” of legal aid, the denial of benefits to the severely disabled, falling teachers’ salaries in real terms and the impoverishment of single mothers and people with mental illness.
- End Child Poverty coalition in Scotland call on First Minister to provide additional help for families
- 3.6 million children under 16 are living in poverty
- Time for Parents
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?