Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Poverty in Fife - Fife Gingerbread
Rhona Cunningham explains how the needs of families in Fife have not diminished, in fact they seem to have increased over time. The hardship experienced by families is not short term, not a temporary blip that is short lived. Changes to the benefits system are here to stay and are having a devastating affect on already cash strapped families.
- End Child Poverty coalition in Scotland call on First Minister to provide additional help for families
- 3.6 million children under 16 are living in poverty
- Time for Parents
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?