Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Free entitlement to 600 hours of early learning and childcare for some two year olds
Since August 2014 some two year olds have been entitled to free early learning and childcare under the Children and Young People (Scotland) Bill. This comes alongside an increase from 475 hours to 600 hours a year free early learning and childcare for all 3 and 4 years olds.
Parenting across Scotland has a new resource for families on this entitlement which includes links to information provided by different local authorities.
You can find our resource 'Free nursery places for two year olds' here.
- End Child Poverty coalition in Scotland call on First Minister to provide additional help for families
- 3.6 million children under 16 are living in poverty
- Time for Parents
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?