Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Free entitlement to 600 hours of early learning and childcare for some two year olds
Since August 2014 some two year olds have been entitled to free early learning and childcare under the Children and Young People (Scotland) Bill. This comes alongside an increase from 475 hours to 600 hours a year free early learning and childcare for all 3 and 4 years olds.
Parenting across Scotland has a new resource for families on this entitlement which includes links to information provided by different local authorities.
You can find our resource 'Free nursery places for two year olds' here.
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?
- “Support, Understand and listen to me”
- Young Parent Penalty campaign
- Parenting across Scotland joins calls to double Scottish Child Payment
- Affects of lockdown on maternal mental health
- Child poverty rising in every Scottish local authority
- New intensive perinatal support service
- The cost of learning in lockdown (CPAG)
- What impact does the budget have on low-income families?
- Is the Western way of raising kids weird?