Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Cost of a child in 2014
The rise in the cost of living, stagnant wages and the changes to the uprating of family benefiits and tax credits means that families are experiencing a reduction in their living standards.
The Child Poverty Action Group and Joseph Rowntree Foundation report explores the impact of these changes on families.
Read the full report here
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?
- “Support, Understand and listen to me”
- Young Parent Penalty campaign
- Parenting across Scotland joins calls to double Scottish Child Payment