Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Challenges from the frontline
This follow-up to a 2014 study looking at the impact of six more years of austerity policies on children and families. By tracking services over time, it has found escalating need for help from families struggling with more complex problems, being met by fewer resources than before.
- End Child Poverty coalition in Scotland call on First Minister to provide additional help for families
- 3.6 million children under 16 are living in poverty
- Time for Parents
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?