Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
Additional support for learning - are we getting it right for every child?
Since the introduction of the 2004 Additional Support for Learning Act many children who otherwise may have fallen through the gaps in support are now identified and offered additional support. But this isn't the picture for all, Dr Jonathan Sher discusses the improvements that are needed to fully realise the potential benefits of full implementation.
- End Child Poverty coalition in Scotland call on First Minister to provide additional help for families
- 3.6 million children under 16 are living in poverty
- Time for Parents
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?