Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter and keep up-to-date with parenting policy, good practice, research and events
£3m fund for community-based out-of-school care
The cost of school-age childcare can be a barrier for parents and carers looking to take up employment or study. The fund will establish new projects across Scotland to assess the impact of flexible and affordable out-of-school care for low income families.
Read the full story on the Holyrood website
- End Child Poverty coalition in Scotland call on First Minister to provide additional help for families
- 3.6 million children under 16 are living in poverty
- Time for Parents
- Scottish families in debt as they try to keep up with school meal payments
- Next steps on the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill
- Foodbanks struggling with increased demand
- One Parent Families Scotland call for a full review of the Child Maintenance System
- Nearly half of people referred to food banks are in debt to the government
- Almost half of parents find it harder to pay for essentials
- Will the new Online Safety Bill work for children?