Teenagers (Family Lives)
Advice for parents of teenagers and anyone with a teenager in their life. Offers parent-to-parent support, informal advice, useful information and a community of other parents.
- Drugs/Alcohol including: talking about drugs, underage drinking, illegal drugs - A-Z of guide
- Communicating with teens including: why it's important, encouraging communication, rules of good communication
- Sex and relationships including: teenage pregnancy, teens and porn, gay, straight or bi?
- Health/Wellbeing including: peer pressure, teenagers and sleep, self harming
- Online including: online safety, sexting, gaming
- School/Learning including: choosing school subjects, teenagers and homework, truancy
- Behaviour including: teen violence at home, gangs, setting boundaries
- You and your teen including: what your teen needs, empty nest syndrome, spending time together
- Parenting skills
- Talking with your teenager
- Understanding teenagers
- Anti-social behaviour
- Challenging behaviour
- Alcohol and drugs
- Sex and sexuality
Although we try only to give useful sources of support and information, this is not a recommendation or endorsement by Parenting across Scotland. We take no responsibility for the content of other websites and the services other organisations provide.