Guide to HIV, pregnancy and women's health (HIV i-Base)
This guide explains what to do if you are diagnosed with HIV in pregnancy, and what to do if you already know you are HIV positive and decide to have a baby. It answers questions such as:
- Is it really safe to take HIV medicines during pregnancy?
- Will being pregnant make my HIV worse?
- Should I expect more side effects when I am pregnant?
- How and when will I know that my baby is HIV negative?
- Will my baby need to take HIV drugs after he/she is born?
- Can I breastfeed my baby?
Helpline: 0808 800 6013
Although we try only to give useful sources of support and information, this is not a recommendation or endorsement by Parenting across Scotland. We take no responsibility for the content of other websites and the services other organisations provide.