Children and young people’s services - sight loss (Guide Dogs)
Guide Dogs Scotland provides services for children and young people with sight loss aged 0-25, alongside their adult services.
- Tech for All - an initiative offering children with a visual impairment access to a free Apple iPad or iPhone outside of school
- My Time to Play for 0-4 year olds – learning through play and songs
- Buddy dogs – a well behaved pet dog to help children with sight loss increase their physical activity, build confidence, create better relationships with others, and develop a sense of fun and trust
- Guide dogs – there are no lower age limits for the guide dog service
- My Life Skills - Habilitation Specialists support children with physical development and learning in the early years, to navigating streets safely, preparing food, handling money, using technology and managing their appearance as they grow older
- Accessible technology grants
- Sensory equipment grants
- Custom-made large print books
- Family events
24 St John's Rd Corstorphine Edinburgh EH12 6NZ
Helpline: 0800 781 1444
Although we try only to give useful sources of support and information, this is not a recommendation or endorsement by Parenting across Scotland. We take no responsibility for the content of other websites and the services other organisations provide.