Birth to five: your NHS guide to parenting in the early years (NHS Choices)
A comprehensive guide to your child's early years, from new born baby to toddler to nursery age, including.
- Crying (excessive crying, tips to soothe a crying baby)
- Feeding (bottle feeding, breast feeding)
- Sleep (baby sleep tips, common sleep problems)
- Nappies (changing nappies, nappy rash, washable nappies)
- Accidents, first aid and safety (choking, resuscitation, sun burn, cot death)
- Behaviour (overactive, hitting, biting, kicking, fighting, temper tantrums)
- Illness (medicines, common childhood illnesses, constipation and soiling, diarrhoea and vomiting, eczema, meningitis, threadworms)
- Healthy diet (weaning, drinks and cups, first foods, food allergies, foods to avoid, problems with eating, food safety and hygiene, vegetarian and vegan, vitamins)
- Learning and playing (books, playing, toys, speech)
- Potty training and bedwetting
- Reviews, tests and vaccinations (immunisation, screening, development, eyesight, hearing, weight and height)
- Your health (stress, domestic violence, post natal depression, smoking, sleep and tiredness)
- Relationships (sex and contraception, sexually transmitted infections)
Has an interactive parenting tool, videos and child development timeline.
Although we try only to give useful sources of support and information, this is not a recommendation or endorsement by Parenting across Scotland. We take no responsibility for the content of other websites and the services other organisations provide.